2000 AD Prog 2134
- UK and DIGITAL: 5th June 2019 £4.99
- NORTH AMERICA: 5th July 2019 $32.80 (per pack)
- COVER: DAVID HITCHCOCK
- In this issue:
- JUDGE DREDD: PETS by Rob Williams (w) Henry Flint (a) Gary Caldwell (c) Annie Parkhouse (l)
- SCARLET TRACES: HOME FRONT by Ian Edginton (w) D’Israeli (a) Ellie De Ville (l)
- TERROR TALES: THE QUILLI COMMITTEE by Laura Bailey (w) David Hitchcock (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)
- KINGMAKER: OUROBOROS by Ian Edginton (w) Leigh Gallagher (a) Ellie De Ville (l)
- MAX NORMAL: HOW THE MAX GOT HIS STRIPES by Guy Adams (w) Dan Cornwell (a) Jim Boswell (c) Simon Bowland (l)
- CREATIVE TEAM: Barrie Tomlinson (w), Vanyo (a)
- RELEASE DATE: 11th July 2019
- PAPERBACK, 112 pages
Blake Edmonds had it all – fame, money, looks… and then the world-famous F1 driver suffered a terrible accident which left him hideously disfigured. Fashioning a mask to hide his terrible visage, Edmonds has taken on a new career as a stuntman, flirting with death on a regular basis. Mashing together the 70s F1 popularity wave with a macabre, uncanny horror and visceral action, DeathWish was a hit across the nation. Here the original strips are re-mastered in their entirety.
ROY OF THE ROVERS: BEST OF THE ’50s
- CREATIVE TEAM: Frank S. Pepper (w) Joe Colquhoun (a)
- RELEASE DATE: 25th July 2019
- HARDCOVER, 148 pages
- PRICE: £19.99 (UK)
On September 11th 1954 a new weekly sports anthology comic called Tiger was launched in the UK. It’s lead strip, Roy of the Rovers – a story starring a young footballer called Roy Race who played for Melchester Rovers – quickly became a fan favourite. This incredible collection with never-before reprinted stories charts the early days of Roy’s association with Melchester Rovers, from the highs of signing for the club he supported as a boy to the lows of having his boots stolen before a big game! Experience the first decade of Melchester’s greatest soccer sensation in this glorious football action on and off the pitch!
Operation: Overlord #3
- WORLDWIDE & DIGITAL: 31st July 2019
- COVER: DAVIDE FABBRI
1944, Bulford Camp has a faithfully constructed replica of the Merville gun battery, a strategic D-Day objective. This German artillery piece threatens Sword Beach and must at all costs be dismantled to facilitate the landing of Allied forces on the beaches of Normandy. Adrien Bellefontaine, a Canadian artist, is part of the paratrooper unit who must protect the left flank of the battalion taking the battery and this is his story. The third volume of Editions Glénat’s best-selling four book D-Day saga!
THE COMPLETE FUTURE SHOCKS VOL.2
- RELEASE DATE: 11th August 2019
- PAPERBACK, 272 pages
- PRICE: £19.99 (UK)
Tharg’s Future Shocks are one-off, twist ending, sci-fi thrills that have introduced many of the biggest names in the comic book industry through the pages of 2000 AD. The complete collection of mind-bending one-off sci-fi stories from The Galaxy’s Greatest Comic continues into the 1980s with the second volume of Tharg’s Futureshocks! Featuring early work by creators that went on to engrave their names into comics history, including Alan Moore, Brett Ewins, Colin Wilson, Dave Gibbons and Mick McMahon.
THE BEST OF STEEL COMMANDO (DIGEST)
- CREATIVE TEAM: Frank Pepper (w) Alex Henderson, Vince Wernham (a)
- RELEASE DATE: 22nd August 2019
- DIGEST PAPERBACK, 164 pages
- PRICE: £6.99
- ISBN: 9781781086810
A new collection of a forgotten 20th Century classic, presented in the popular digest format. With superhuman strength, bulletproof casing and an unstoppable resolve, the Steel Commando is the Allies’ ultimate weapon in the war against the Axis powers. There’s just one bug in his circuits – he’ll only take orders from Ernie Bates, the laziest soldier in the British Army! Watch ‘Ironsides’ and ‘Excused Boots’ Bates carry out thrill-filled missions in dangerous enemy territories! This fun-packed army adventure also includes an early comic strip crossover as the Steel Commando joins forces with the mighty Captain Hurricane!
Operation: Overlord #4
- WORLDWIDE & DIGITAL: 28th August 2019 £4.99/$6.99
- COVER: DAVIDE FABBRI
England, 1944. Sergeant Clague films the final preparations for Operation Overlord. Among the forces involved there is a single French commando unit, led by Kieffer. They will land with the British forces and their mission is to clear out Ouistreham, join the 6th Airborne on the bridges of the Orne and then march on the Amfreville. The mission will be difficult and their daredevil commander plans losses of 50%. They will succeed or die in the process.
This fourth issue concludes the first ever English language translation of Editions Glénat’s bestselling saga covering D-Day!